You may be thinking to yourself, fish oil is supposed to be good for the health, but how can you tell if it will indeed be good for your health? There are a number of quality fish oil products out there, how can you tell which is which? Let’s look into three important areas.
To this end, what exactly is fish oil in the first place? Well the simplest answer is the oil derived from the tissue of fish. Not just any tissue, but the tissue that is particularly rich in Omega-3 fatty acids.
Now for those who care about their health and do not like fish, having the oil extracted from their healthy tissue is one option. However, it is not usually recommended to have the extracted oil simply in order to avoid the fishy aftertaste that may be possible when using the extracted oil. Using an Omega-3 supplement that has been refined is the best way to avoid this problem.
So what exactly has to be done in order to create the refined type of fish oil? There are three quality measures for the refined fish oil, which are proprietary, molecular distillation and vacuum molecular distillation. For more information on these processes, as well as the advantages of each, please visitites Wealthincluded here.
In the last decades the fish oil supplement industry grew rapidly, as it has the capabilities to produce high quality omega-3 supplements at an extremely low price. Unfortunately, it did not come without a few problems.
Mainly, due to the fact that not many people wanted to take omega-3 supplements due to the preference for animal fat products their consumption today is suffering from a severe omega-3 deficiency. Secondly, this industry did not have strict quality controls in place. Therefore, what you buy today is usually low in omega-3 content and has higher levels of toxins and other contaminants such as heavy metals from the sea.
So, does this mean that low quality fish oil supplements are as effective as big name brand products? Unfortunately, this is not the case.
So, instead of looking for low cost, look for high quality. Since the quality of these supplements varies as much as the quality of the raw ingredients and the processing they go through, you really have to look in to the brands that use pharmaceutical grade manufacturing standards. There is a bit of research that you will need to do on your own to determine what brand is of higher quality.
My advice? Stick with a product that does not cost more than about $20 for a month’s supply. There is no way you can get the high quality that comes with a multi-day supply of fish oils for that price.
median producer value: This is the least expensive that I could find. Most appear to be between $12 and $20.
greed: These companies were probably just hustling for the bulk discount.
Unfortunately, there are many companies out there that appear to be ethical, but they have failed at this task. In fact, after my research, I discovered that there are four companies that made about 90 percent of the omega-3 products that we tested. These four companies are Nordic Natural Company,ysisNature’s Herbs, Phytopharm, and Carlson Labs.
2) rition grade manufacturing standards: These are the highest quality of omega-3 products that I have ever seen. Even higher than pharmaceutical grade fish oils.
3) peak value per dose: There is no reason to pay more than $20 for a month’s supply of fish oils.
4) calcium content: Studies have shown that the calcium content of some fish oils can be as low as 15 percent. I was shocked to read that the COPD benefit we get from eating certain fish is only 45 percent. By selecting a high quality supplement, I have ensured that I have enough calcium in my diet.
With all that being said, let’s look at the four areas you need to focus on if you want to save money on your essential fatty acid capsules:
1) Quality control.Look at the company that you are buying from. Are they a senile old codger in a dementia compulsory living facility, or does the company have excellent record of safety and ethical conduct? I don’t believe anyone of these, myself included, should ever touch a fish oil capsule again.
2) Ulterior Proof.A reputable company should be able to prove that their product is of superior quality and safety within a third of all the oils. The COA should be offered through a reputable company and verified by an independent body in order to get an idea of what we are dealing with.
3) Bio-availability.Your product should be able to be released into your bloodstream as readily as possible.
The information on this site is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice. This information is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always consult your healthcare provider if you have questions regarding your medical condition or treatment.
While the information on this site is aimed at helping people make informed decisions about their health, it's important to consult your doctor or other qualified health care provider if you have any questions about any medical condition. Before making any changes in your health care plan or treatment, always speak with your doctor.
Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your doctor or other qualified health care provider because of something you have read on this site.
All of the content on this site is presented for general informational purposes only and should not be construed as medical advice.